The Concord School District is accepting sealed bids on lumber removed from the gymnasium used for bleacher seating. The lumber is pine and is 2” x 10”. There are 22 – 11 feet boards, 13 – 12 feet boards, 7 – 14 feet boards and 34 – 20 feet boards. Please mail a sealed bid that contains your name, address, phone number and bid amount to Lumber Bid, Concord School District, P.O. Box 10, Concord, AR 72523. The deadline for submitting a bid is 1:00 p.m. on August 7, 2015 at which time the bids will be opened in the superintendent’s office.
Sometime around the middle of June locks were drilled out of filing cabinets located on the Wilburn campus. Some files were removed from the filing cabinets and placed on the floor in the rooms where these filing cabinets were being stored. Someone called and notified us of the break-in. We notified the sheriff’s department and the break-in was investigated. The files were transported to the Concord campus to review what information was contained in the files. After contacting the school district attorney we were instructed to contact the individuals whose information had been stolen. The district does not know if any files were removed from the building. The school district has a list of the names of the individuals whose files were found on the floor. If you wish to know if any information that was compromised was your personal information you need to contact Tammy Sullens at 870-668-3757. Tammy will be able to discuss with you what type of information was compromised. If you wish to review the information personally you will need to make an appointment with Tammy Sullens to do so. A photo identification will be required before you will be able to personally review your file.
The school district is very sorry this happened and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
STUDENT DRESS AND GROOMING
- No extreme styles (chains, sagging pants, pants with torn openings, ect.);
- No see through clothing where underwear is inappropriately visible;
- No hats, caps or do-rags (inside the building);
- No muscle shirts, strapless shirts, spaghetti straps, bare back tops, or shirts that have the sleeves cut out;
- No midriffs that can expose the stomach;
- No shoes with cleats, roller skates, or anything that may harm the floor;
- No shorts, skirts, skorts, etc. shall be no more than 6" above the knee (grades 3-12);
- No shirts with inappropriate language or pictures (promoting sex, violence, profanity, drugs, etc.);
- Tank tops may be worn as under garments only (high school);
- Spandex, leggings and tights will be considered skin, therefore the top garment must cover the bottom and front;
- No pajamas and house shoes (except designated occasions);
- No bare feet;
- No visible buttocks or breast may be exposed;
- No holes in jeans above the knee that expose bare skin
Violations of these policies will be handled by the building administrator. Students found to be in violation of the district's dress code will not be allowed to attend class until they meet policy requirements.
During the 2014-15 school year, Concord High School provided instruction in Chemistry and Physical Science with a teacher that was not licensed in those areas. As a result of this, Concord High School has been placed on probationary status by the Arkansas Department of Education. The teacher is scheduled to be certified at the beginning of the 2015-16 school year.